Directions are very crucial for individuals to be able to shift their competencies and skills to achieve something, be it on personal or organizational level. Most of our endeavor to grow and succeed in the market fails because our decisions are not based on strategic planning. Strategic planning enables us to collect, formulate and implement logical information and make sustainable decisions. Stability is decisions and procedure provides directions to our workforce and people are inclined towards the vision of the organization. This two day program will focus on strategic planning as the essential management system guiding the organization into the future by setting focused goals that will establish and enhance competitiveness.
STAGE 1 – STRATEGIC PLANNING
- Understanding Strategic concepts and their scope.
- Achieving competitive advantage through flexibility and agility.
- How to create a structure for strategy.
- Frameworks for gathering information for analysis.
STAGE 2 – STRATEGIC IMPLEMENTATION
- Future depends on your purpose – Vision and mission.
- Business analysis and contingency planning.
- Making Strategic choice – rationality clause.
- Formulation – programs, projects, policies.
- Managing complacency for change.
STAGE 3 – STRATEGIC EVALUATION
- Human resources and knowledge management.
- Building a strategic planning team.
- Effective process management to achieve business results.
- Monitoring and measuring business performance.
BUILDING EFFECTIVENESS FOR STRATEGIC PLANNING
- The strategy life-cycle and the problem of strategic drift.
- Creative and innovative culture.
- Thinking outside the box.
- The potentially negative dimensions of success.
- Knowing when to stop and when to start.
- Coordination to be at its best.
PERSONAL STRATEGIC PLANNING
- Applying strategic tools and techniques to the individual.
- Personal goal setting, creating a personal strategic plan.
- Competencies and skills for a strategic manager.
- Developing inspiration and gathering support.
- Understand how to design, implement and evaluate strategic plans.
- Work with different frameworks to analyze your industry.
- Know your SWOT and work on your competencies.
- Assist your workforce to translate strategic plans into action plans.
- Avoid the problems that can fail your planning and achievement targets.
- Become visionary, analytical and creative thinker.
- Make rational and logical choices for decisions.
- Set challenging, realistic and achievable targets.
- Measure performance and manage progress.
- Be individually competitive and skilled.
- Specialist managers in any part of the organization who wish to take a broader view of the potential of the organization for the future.
- All managers/specialists responsible for setting team goals/targets and for managing teams in implementation of strategic and operating plans.